GOLF. SWIM. EAT.

Golf was first played in the Flint area right here at Atlas Valley.
It was called the Flint Country Club when it opened in 1912, with members like
Walter O. Smith and Charles Stewart Mott.


Golf

Walking is always allowed and there are never any assessments
at Atlas Valley.

Learn More

Swim

This membership is designed for the non-golfer. It includes more than just a pool membership.

Learn More

Eat

The food at Atlas Valley Country Club is like the weather in Michigan, always changing.

Learn More

Join

Thankyou for your interest in becoming a member, get the details by contacting us for more information.

Become A Member

Become a member Join us at Atlas Valley Country Club

About Our Club
Golf was first played in the Flint area right here. It was called the Flint Country Club when it opened in 1912, with members like Walter O. Smith and Charles Stewart Mott. It progressed through the years, with name changes as The Flint Auto Club, the Masonic Country Club, Acacia Country Club and finally becoming Atlas Valley Country Club in 1938.

Atlas Valley has been a privately owned country club since 1953 with the second generation of the Henrickson family now at the helm. We’re proud of our staff longevity with over 50 years of service between the Executive Chef Mitch Plant and Office Manager Penny Joslin-Hogan.

We not only have a beautifully manicured 6400 yard golf course, designed by Tom Bendelow, we also boast a great six hole par three course where our junior golfers start and where many practice their short game. We have an Olympic size pool, fully staffed with lifeguards and great coaches for our closely knit interclub swim team.

During the season, our Main Dining Room is open Wednesday through Saturday for dinner, and our Patio Grill is open 6 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our inviting Banquet Facilities can accommodate groups of up to 300 guests including a dance floor. We will always individualize a  menu to fit your specific needs and desires.

We are located in southeastern Genesee County just north of Clarkston, and south of Davison between Grand Blanc and Goodrich.

History of Atlas Valley Country Club
The Flint Country Club, as it was called when it opened in 1912, boasted such members as R. Spencer Bishop, J. Dallas Dort, William C. “Billy” Durant, Albert Champion, founder of A.C. Spark Plug Co., Harry H. Bassett, later President of Buick, Basil W. DeGuichard, later head of A.C., and Harlow H. Curtice, golden milestone President of General Motors. Walter O. Smith, then owner-manager of Smith-Bridgman’s, was the first President and Charles Stewart Mott was Vice-President. The Flint Journal reported on Memorial Day of 1912, “The afternoon was devoted to golf, baseball, tennis, archery, croquet, quoits and other pastimes.” On July 4th, 1912, there was a ribbon cutting ceremony.

To establish the club, 37 residents contributed $500 each. They bought the Medbury farm and remodeled the beautiful colonial farmhouse, that included a large veranda, for the clubhouse. The Flint Journal reporter who did the earlier description, took note of the large house and barn on the rear of the property. The house is long gone, but the barn still survives. The barn has been hit by numerous hooked drives from the second tee and innumerable sliced shots from the third tee.

In 1918, the Flint Country Club moved and the course became the Flint Auto Club. Subsequently, in 1925, it became known as the Masonic Country Club. While it was known as the Masonic Country Club, the original clubhouse burned and was replaced by converting one of the barns. Four years later this also burned. The name was changed to Acacia Country Club in 1931.

Atlas Valley Country Club came into being in 1938 when a clubhouse was built on the present site. The Henrickson brothers took legal possession in January of 1953. Since acquiring the property, a pool has been built, the clubhouse has been remodeled and the course has been upgraded many times to attain our present challenging golf course.

On Wednesday, June 24, 1987, the clubhouse was totally lost by a devasting fire. With the help of devoted members, friends and employees, the 20th annual Invitational commenced the same week under the stars and a covered tent. The new clubhouse, as we know it now, was finished in time for our annual Opening Ladies Luncheon that was held on Thursday, April 28, 1988.

0Holes

0Entrees

0Special events

0Country Club

Atlas Valley Country Club
8313 Perry Road Grand Blanc Michigan 48439

We are located in southeastern Genesee County just north of Clarkston,
and south of Davison between Grand Blanc and Goodrich.

Location and Contact